Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #110 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
^^i doubt it - i want to know everything there is to know about a Christian God
You do what you think you must duce, it is your call not mine. I would refrain if I had to do it over, but, you have to do your thing, not mine.

peace

If you succeed, this is definitely what you will find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSB View Post
What's being 'Gnostic' got to do with any of this?
Their Belief system is that the universe was created by the Demiurge, which is not the benevolent and true god.

How can you justify such a broad blanket statement such as "You will be constrained by every way imaginable based on your belief system."?

Knowledge is power and truth, there is nothing to fear about knowledge.

Quote:
Knowledge is power and truth, there is nothing to fear about knowledge
Okay. Find the knowledge, then tell me again that there is nothing to fear.

You can call it the Demiurge, or anything you like. It points in the direction of the way things are to be sure.

If you had it, you would never have made that statement. I do not mean that contentiously. So, do not be insulted, please. There is simply a lot more to the story, And, you would not be fearful, you would be horrified.

But, don't believe me. It's your own show, so, you create it any way you like. You may very well be alright when the time comes, I do not know. I do not even know if I will be alright. I am not overly positive on that notion as well.

I cleared my storehouse, and, I am just going to live the rest of this aeon in silence when it comes to offering any advice. Everyone has to do whatever they believe is best. I believe it is best to find your own Truth, and, then rest on it, and hope.

Being constrained is not an original idea of mine. It has been written many times in different ways by various sources. So, it is not a 'blanket statement'.

Search it out, that is your choice. I will not point to any source, because, that is something I will never consider doing any longer. So, justification is on you to find it. It's out there, so, please do not ask how I can justify it. Ask yourself why you cannot.

I will not contend with anyone. I am pointing things out that have been written, and, are not my individual delusive ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Is this somewhere along the lines of, "you can't handle the truth"?
I can handle it blaster. Barely. If predestination is a reality, and, we do not have free will, then, I can't do anything about anything. I believe that part of the process is to actually free our will, and, unbind the fetters that keep us in bondage.

That's just something I have recently thought out, and I will stick to that idea come hell or high water from here on.

I am almost certain that we are on our own, and, to rest on the notion of an intercessor is no longer, or never was an option.

No crutches. Just a heavy cross to bear for each of us. That is not my believe. Someone said it a mere six times in four redundant gospels of a certain set of 66 books. I do not remember the Name, or the book, but, you may.

peace

Last edited by Paedantic Basterd; 01-29-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Enough double posting, thanks.
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote