Music Banter - View Single Post - life spinning out of control (again)
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

I don't believe in much (at best all I have is a good idea), but I do believe in two things. The first can be summed up in a quote from Carl Sagan:

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself"

The second thing I believe I don't have a thought provoking quote for, but it's relevant nonetheless. Everything that happens to you is meant to teach you something. This goes hand in hand with the Sagan quote. The only way the universe can know itself is if we experience it. If something happens to you over and over, you haven't learned the lesson you are meant to learn.

Now, you can take that with a grain of salt...but this philosophy has been the only thing that keeps me going. I've been through hard times. I've been through good times. Honestly, I've found the bad times to be much more frequent because - let's face it - how much do we really learn from the good times? All I know is that it won't last forever and once it is over, I can look back and think about what I've learned about myself.

Then the only problem is coping. For that I meditate. I listen to music. If you stay calm and make logical decisions, you will find that things will get better sooner than you think.