Music Banter - View Single Post - Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #225 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Actually, they have the same exact rights as do heterosexuals. Hence why the laws are about marriage of people of the same sex; sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. Two straight men can not marry one another; two gay men may not marry one another; yet, a gay man could marry a gay woman, etc, etc.

Why don't I argue about love, morality, or the meaning of marriage of relationships? Because love is not something conferred on a relationship by a state; nor does state recognition make a marriage moral; nor does it give a marriage meaning.

However, the state currently does confer economic benefits on married couples. Hence, I argue economics.
You argue economics, as its the only angle that you've got here, so lets not go kidding people on that one anymore.

The state obviously has no control over love, neither does it make marriage moral, but what it does do, is sanction a contract between two people who decide to marry for love, companionship or a shared interest. Most people look for a stake in life, whether that be a home, financial security, personal happiness or the contract of marriage etc. Do you really think that a person should be denied any of these if no law-breaking has taken place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
Stop with bull**** accusations. Let me make this clear: I AM NOT A HOMOPHOBE. Get that in your stupid head of yours. Just because I oppose gay marriage does not mean I AM A HOMOPHOBE. Same with Hip Hop Bunny Hop. Stop it, it makes your statement look nothing.

I mentioned Africa because homophobia there is higher. I was born in Nebraska but I am a Congolese descedent and I am repsectful to gay people. Just today I spoke to a gay person and I had a great conversation with him. I am a African man and I respect gay people. Most Africans would love to see gays suffer because they think that gays are not humans. In fact I am willing to hang with a homosexual. My parents dislike homos a lot. They made it clear that I am not allowed to bring homosexuals in my house.

Stop the bull****. I respect gay people.
What! Your parents don't allow gays in your shack!!!

Again you're blabbering on about not being a homophobe, about how respectful you are to them, how nice they are, how its cool that they can live together in perfect harmony, you even shocked me on an earlier thread, when you said it was cool that they could adopt children! All this makes your anti-gay marriage stance quite simply startling!

Lets be honest here FPK, you don't approve of gays their lifestyles and what they do and you don't honestly expect anybody on here to believe that you do. You made your biggest error on post 91, where you stated that gays should be allowed to parent children (whether you mean that through a surrogate mother, adoption or fostering etc is besides the point) How can you possibly give gays the right of being parents, but deny them the right of marriage! Below is where you dropped this clanger.

http://www.musicbanter.com/current-e...tional-10.html

You've either overlooked that point or its just a case of a homphobe troll slipping up, I'd say it was the latter option.