Music Banter - View Single Post - Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #229 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Actually, they have the same exact rights as do heterosexuals. Hence why the laws are about marriage of people of the same sex; sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. Two straight men can not marry one another; two gay men may not marry one another; yet, a gay man could marry a gay woman, etc, etc.
if this statement is in any way meant to be serious, then it is pathetic and condescending because it completely refuses to accept that the right to marry is equivalent to the right to marry a certain gender. If it's part of a serious argument, it is despicable.
Quote:

Why don't I argue about love, morality, or the meaning of marriage of relationships? Because love is not something conferred on a relationship by a state; nor does state recognition make a marriage moral; nor does it give a marriage meaning.

However, the state currently does confer economic benefits on married couples. Hence, I argue economics.
Ok then, if this is the case I'd like you to give some evidence that gay marriage will pose a significant financial drain on society, and take into account that they pay into society as much as anyone else.
I find it impossible to accept that you should deny them a right they have themselves been paying towards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
Stop with bull**** accusations. Let me make this clear: I AM NOT A HOMOPHOBE. Get that in your stupid head of yours. Just because I oppose gay marriage does not mean I AM A HOMOPHOBE. Same with Hip Hop Bunny Hop.
if you like gay people, could you tell me why you wish to deny them a right they really want?