Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you consider electronic music creators musicians?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #58 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfisa View Post
You're right, I don't deserve to have an opinion. I am obviously a pretentious fuckwit that uses skewed reasoning to make my depressing views appear valid. Now that someone has seriously replied to one of my posts that I put a lot of effort into, I now know that I shouldn't be here. I was waiting for someone to call me out, but you're the first person to actually challenge anything I say, that itself proves people on this forum treat me like a five year old.

And with that, I'll take my leave. Thanks mr dave, I was always hoping you would be the one to actually put me in my place. It's been a nice 4 years on this forum.
What? The longer you hold onto this 'if it's not white it must be black' attitude the longer you're going to be facing what seems like an endless wave of resistance and pressure - everywhere in life. It's a direct result of your own inflexibility.

Would you have preferred a flippant one liner as opposed to an actual thought out response like this one and the previous one? If you've actually been fishing for a call down for a while I'd suggest taking a break from not just this forum but the internet in general. I don't mean to be a prick, but you (and a few other posters) very much remind me of myself in my early 20s and in those cases it's kind of hard to not speak out.

Having said all that, maturity, same as freedom, is 100% state of mind. If you feel like you're being treated like a child you need to ask yourself - are you acting like a child? You say having your opinion challenged is equivalent to being treated like a 5 year old... what does posting the equivalent to 'Screw you guys! I'm going home!' really amount to?

Take a break. Get stoned / laid... both at the same time. Whatever. Relax. Go down the rabbit hole a little deeper, challenge your convictions, consider the sides you hate until you can understand their rationale without getting emotional, see the other colours. Then come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I have to say, the image of someone saying this...
...to a five year old is pretty hilarious.
This is how I used to talk to my niece, this smilie is a rather accurate reflection of her reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I have read enough of Mr. Daves posts over the years to realize when he dissagree's with someone (a few times myself)
We've disagreed? When? Is it because I got humbuckers in my Jaguar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote