Music Banter - View Single Post - Goshdarn you, Britain
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #77 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

I dunno, Moonlight. If I had to guess, Salami is bringing a quarrel he has with me from another thread into this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
Well, I don't quite know what on earth you want me to provide sources for, but I'll give you something to chew on: here is a body of research done to demonstrate how exactly inner city environments are composed.

You'll see that not only is there high unemployment, but also high ethnic diversity, which is because people who are newly settled into a country have no job and therefore have to find a cheap place to live, which is the inner city, the poorest part of a conurbation.
To quote your source, "Inner cities are defined as core urban areas that are economically distressed." That's on page 4. So, yes, when you define inner city as poor.... the area is going to be poor. No surpirse there.

Now, what should you provide references for? You should provide references for the claims you're making, such as:

Quote:
What we must do is to look at the type of community that is less diverse: they are usually affluent and consist of people with a disposable income.
&

Quote:
When a community is more diverse, it means there will be people who have recently moved into the country, and these people will not necessarily have much money, since they will very rarely have a job when they arrive. Therefore, they will only be able to afford housing in the cheapest area, which is usually the inner city, where the community in general is poor and the crime rates are higher.
&

Quote:
In diverse communities, I'm prepared to bet that half the people have arrived relatively recently, and therefore less likely to be trusted anyway.
Etc.