Music Banter - View Single Post - Goshdarn you, Britain
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #91 (permalink)
Rubato
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
It's not because they're romanian that we don't like them, but because virtually every romanian we come across is a bloody annoying whiny bitch. I'm sure there are many great romanians out there, but it doesn't stop me from applying a general rule based on my own experiences.
You're applying a sweeping generalization to a specific race of people, so yes I'd file that under racism. If you dislike them because they're whiny bitches that's fine but why does race have to come into it? if you paid more attention to the colour of peoples shirts I'm sure you'd make some observations and form a bias around that too, just like when people see the same numbers crop up when they start looking for them (illuminati conspiracy nuts).

Take the FG Councillor Darren Scully, would you consider his comments racist when he said he'd no longer represent “black Africans”. Is it acceptable because he based it off his own experiences with Africans?
The signs "No Blacks, No Irish No dogs" and "No Irish need apply" were based on peoples experiences with the Irish it doesn't make it any less racist.
Rubato is offline   Reply With Quote