Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #343 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I wish there was a intelligent religious person here to balance this argument, 'cause it's completely one-sided. I haven't really been following the argument, but all you know-it-all's, you can't honestly believe that we (humans) have an understanding for everything. I don't see how anyone could be arrogant enough to believe there aren't things in this universe that we don't understand or have any knowledge of.
I think both people both from the science and religious communities would admit that there are things in this universe we don't have a understanding nor have knowledge of yet. The divide isn't that what we know in this (physical) universe, what we can plainly see and learn about - the divide is about the spiritual. The argument (debate or dialogue whatever you want to call) about God existence is square one and we (both atheist and theist) can't even get passed square one. I can agree 99.99...% of what science has to offer and even how the universe was created but that one little statement that what most won't say - God created the universe - forget about it, it's just an never ending argument. There is no real dialogue. If there was an intelligent religious person here to balance the argument why would he bother?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote