Music Banter - View Single Post - Family Guy vs. South Park
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #444 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Misfit View Post
Ha yeah saw it a couple of weeks ago, I facepalmed at first but it got a few laughs out of me, haven't seen it on TV since though.
I had incredibly low expectations, especially since it was a mid season replacement for Allen Gregory (one of the most embarrassing projects ever undertaken). It surprised me when I found the show quite funny, with a lot of jokes reminiscent of some of the early seasons of The Simpsons, but another side of me missed the more off-beat humor of the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
The new Family Guy is unwatchable. 20 cutaways isn't even a stretch. It's so old, and Seth does the same thing with American Dad and Cleveland Show. Oh well. SP is definitely better to me, but there are people who think cutaway comedy is the joke that never gets old.
You know, I used to have a bias against American Dad, but since watching it from the early seasons on I've discovered it's much different from Family Guy. There are actual plots and a lot of great character development, it's kind of reminiscent of Futurama, almost.

Which speaking of, is a far superior show even now.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote