Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #1250 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Because the entire nature of journalism in sports is speculation, maybe? I'm not the one who needs proof, you find me an article with any solid evidence that Dolan is more active in Knicks operations than Rangers operations, I'll give you your point. As it stands your argument is based on the fallacy that he gave Thomas more chances than he should have, so therefore he is more involved.

I actually said very clearly that Dolan's hires were poor, but that doesn't illustrate your argument that he's more involved with one team than the other. Please try to pay attention.

Imo, you're cherrypicking the performance of the bad team to try to display how bad of an owner he is. This isn't baseball where the owner gets to choose what impact he has on his team. His accountability stops at hiring and firing, which is admittedly poor.
As bad as NY has been thus far, they're still tied for 8th in the East with Milwaukee. If they happened to make the playoffs, they certainly have some pieces that could win a round. Dantoni does thrive on a run and gun offense, but he had some decent defenses in Phoenix year to year. Surprised to see him resign, I really thought NY could still make the playoffs and at least put up a fight in the first round.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote