Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #1089 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Anyone who has a general appreciation of what I do and do not like in regards to music can most likely imagine how I feel about "progressive metal" in general. For those who don't.... it's a genre I go out of my way to avoid.

I haven't listened to the first three Meshuggah albumsin quite some time; but, after listening to this one, I can't say I'm really eager to. This album was downright annoying; the constant "chugga-chugga-chugga" moments, the goddamn dynamic shifts, the lack of quality riffs, etc. It combines all the worst traits of Pantera & The Dillinger Escape Plan. I listened to this abum straight through, but I quit after This Spiteful Snake - I didn't see any point in continuing forward when all the songs sound the same and I couldn't recall any positive moments in any of the tracks.

In regards to Enslaved; I think Frost is an alright album, whereas I find 'Below the Lights' to have a great opening track, the rest of that album is a waste of time. On this album "New Dawn" was ok, I liked the proper metal moments, and the ending synth melody was good. Naturally, the dynamic changes & the song structure annoy me to no end... and that summarizes my opinion of this entire album, quality moments are weighed down & negated by pointless and ill conceived concepts.

Enslaved - 4
Meshuggah - 2

Last edited by hip hop bunny hop; 03-17-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: grammar
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote