Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupid things you've done to attract the opposite sex
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #177 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
I believe he was referring to the post about rape.

I just want to say, those of you making personal judgments of someone because of dark comedy should really ease off. Take it for what it is, and that's just a bit of humor. You shouldn't be expected to find it tasteful, because that's the nature of dark comedy. However, there's a difference between humor and hate. If he really condones rape, that's a different issue, but can we not make comedy revolving around death, tragedy, illness or traumatic experiences? I personally didn't find it funny, but not because of how serious the content is, but because it wasn't very witty.

That's all just my opinion, though.
This is my opinion too. I personally didn't find it particularly clever or funny, but I won't have a double standard of turning my nose up at a rape joke when I certainly don't at jokes about murder, suicide, deaths in the family, domestic abuse, racism, genocide, God, 9/11, the holocaust, Joseph Kony or any celebrity that's ever died.

Do I find many of the above jokes tasteless? Sure. But if something makes me laugh then it makes me laugh, and I'm not going to stifle because the reality of these events were/are tragities. I don't confuse reality with humor. Great humor is the exaggeration of reality, not the advocation of a particular ideal.

You're free to find Duce's comment distasful and unfunny, I did. That doesn't mean he's some kind of subhuman monster that should make you sick.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote