Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome jayshreddz as our newest moderator!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #82 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Where was the outrage when the new management took over and Yac was made our on-site admin? He hadn't posted at all, had no history with the community, etc. Although, he turned out to be a great admin and a likable guy, we don't really have the option as community members and community leaders to dictate what the standards are for upper management's choice of people they decide to send here.

While I certainly wish they had chosen someone with... a bit more tact... it's not for me to assert that they need to adhere to our standards as members of a community they're not even personally a part of. We just have to suck it up and hope this turns out for the best.
1 - I wasn't here when that happened.
2 - If you're being literal, then Yac hadn't posted at all. Which means he hadn't posted 53 times in a manner people found obnoxious, ill-informed and overly aggressive and so we had no reason to think badly of him. When someone's first impression has been terrible, and then they're modded for no discernible reason a week after, and the existing mods don't even know why, then thats a very different thing to someone showing up as a blank slate with a job description and the mods being told they exist and are the new admin. Sure, trepidation in the latter instance is wise, but there's no reason to believe a negative in that situation, before a word has been said. I'm sure if Yac had shown up and been an admin in the style of The Virgin or Captain Caveman, there would have been complaints.

Last edited by GuitarBizarre; 03-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote