Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Theory - Ask anything to receive answers
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #66 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Thanks for all the replies, I thought my question was rather simple and would get a few examples and a link haha wasn't expecting this.

This is off topic now but I wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by venjacques View Post
AABA was popular for Arias of the 18th century (called Da Capo Arias, since they go back to the beginning and play the first section again). This form made divas shine. Apparently Arias were the most popular songs from operas. They were best songs as far as the public was concerned.
ABBA the band, a slight twist on that method to cash in with a bunch of divas using a slight twist on the form that created 'the best' songs for the public?

As for Fugues being based on counterpoint melody and interaction between the instruments is that basically the same deal as rock guys doing trade-offs or call / answer riffs? The way it's described sounds like what happens during a 12 bar blues where one guitar plays the clunk-a-clunk-a-clunk rhythm while the other punches it up with lead licks.

Sorry if I seem to be trivializing the theory, I'm coming from an ignorant rock background. Basically I had a verse / chorus / verse tune with a twist that I was a little curious about haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by venjacques View Post
That's all.

Well, time for breakfast.
Enjoy and thanks

@Burning Down - I can't really say much more than that was a nice piano piece. Hearing a single person perform all the voices provides a great counterpoint to my normal environment where each voice is a different instrument and player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote