Music Banter - View Single Post - Free will
Thread: Free will
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #30 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
i was in the midst of typing this yesterday, Tuna, but the timer cut me off

recent science suggests that there can be parallel universes, and multiverses

however, my own 2 cents to this is even if we can traverse to alternate universes, you'd still find another you who was bound to the "predestination" of that universe, and choices he made would still not have been choices of his own free will

if you want to trade places with an "alternate" you, you'd find yourself being bound to the "fatalism" of that universe

not to mention you'd probably go insane, cos the laws are different
I admit I haven't research much about parallel universes, but the only way they can exist is if free will does in fact exist, no? Because the idea of a parallel universe is that you had an alternate choice in the first place you could've made that would allow you to alter your destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
My first comment may have seemed a little Disrespectful because of my choice of vocabulary and phrasing, but it wasn't intended to be that way if you took it like that, but I don't think you did. I just wanted to make that clear because you are one of the most respectful members here, in my opinion. So, I try to remain respectful when I talk to you, you've been respectful to me.

Now back to the topic.
Thanks man, though I admit I could've kept my cool a bit better earlier.

I wasn't offended by what you said because you were actually substantiating what you were saying and providing an interesting perspective.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote