Music Banter - View Single Post - The Iron Maiden appreciation thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #101 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
Granted, Dickenson has a better vocal range, and took them to a new level. Just yeah, I like the rawness of Di'Anno, the punk inspired sound he brought. He may not be a contender for best vocalist of all-time or anything. But there was something about "The Soundhouse Tapes", "Iron Maiden" and "Killers" that makes me wanna go back to it more than I do "Number of the Beast" and onwards.

Will always be a Di'Anno fan before Dickenson. Though I admit the latters talent.
Well I always say, that the Iron Maiden debut album was the second best NWOBHM of 1980 and a lot of that is down to Paul Di'Anno's voice. Number of the Beast usually gets far too much credit and I'd say the Bruce legend is really born on Piece of Mind and Powerslave.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote