Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #4997 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
1) You have to belong to another culture. Which one do you choose and why?
Swiss...because they are neutral and make tasty chocolate.
You could say the same thing for Belgium too.

Okay, I'll answer my own questions.

1) What's your absolute favourite old-school video game?

Ocarina of Time.

2) Where's the last place you went on vacation?

For a real vacation... spent 3 weeks in California with family. 1 week in LA, 1 week in San Diego, and 1 week in San Francisco.

3) What's the last lie you told somebody?

Yesterday I told my boyfriend that I was going to the library to study, but I just used that as an excuse to leave for a couple of hours because he was being annoying. I went shopping instead.

4) What do you think was the most pivotal moment, period, or person in music history, going thousands of years back?

The emergence of atonal music in the 20th century. The fact that composers such as Schoenberg had the guts to really bend the accepted rules of music composition put in place during the Common Practice Period (i.e. Classical period), is pretty amazing and it forced people to open their minds to more avant-garde genres.

5) Do you listen to any music that you though you would never, ever listen to?

Before I started university, I was always like "Ughhh classical music, who needs that? Only old people listen to that stuff!!!" I was so wrong and I wish I could go back in time to tell the younger me to keep an open mind.

6) Do you think everyone has a soul mate, or is that just an idea derived from fairy tales?

I don't think people will ever find someone who truly completes them in every single way, but I do think that there is someone out there for everybody.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote