Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #425 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained Ballad View Post
You see, I just feel like I've had that somewhat constantly for the last...bugger, 5 or so years; and that sounds really, really unlikely to me. I can't help but thinking I'm somehow exaggerating. Especially because I've never really had any particular reason to feel this way.

About having a goal in life: I think that's probably one of the most important things for someone to get through rough patches, and since I'm rather lost in that respect, I just give up whenever something proves to be relatively difficult, which obviously isn't good for your self esteem or for your image.

I'm glad that you're feeling well now, and I can only hope that one day I will too, but I find that ridiculously hard to believe.
This is basically how I've felt for the last decade almost. Not black, unbearable depression. Just a sort of constant apathy, complete lack of self esteem, and low grade misery. I don't think about suicide that much, probably because it just doesn't get bad enough to make me think, "This is so horrible that I have to end it and I don't care how", I just sort of sit in my room and narcissistically brood. I guess my ability to care about much of anything has just been slowly drained from me until I'm left in this constant sort of boring grayness.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.