Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer vs Metallica
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #181 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Well the risk of being called an ******* by a few of the members around here, let me raise this question.

I know a few people who honestly say "Whenever I listen to country music, theres a guy singer and theres a girl singer." They aren't being assanine, thats just what they think, and there was a time where I felt the same way. Most country male singers have a voice moving toward baritone. Trace Adkins, Toby Keith, Josh Turner. The one country guy most people know was Johnny Cash and he was deep too.

It borders on the absurd sometimes, and Hetfield starts off that deep as well so I imagine that its where you're finding a connection. Beyond that though, I don't really hear the country connotation.

Is there a reason you don't like the genre? Country that is?
I don't think you're coming off as an ******* at all, to be honest. You're raising good conversational debate which is to be expected in this type of thread.

And you answered to my post exactly the way I hoped you would, you gave a good view on what the vocal styling is for country. So yes, that is probably where i'm hearing it with Hetfield, but I can understand how you can't hear it.

I wouldn't say I don't like the genre, it's just not one I listen to regularly enough to give a very good opinion on it. Like any genre, I am sure there is something in Country that I will find and love. I'm very open to it, just isn't one I never really dug deep to find anything. I will happily accept any recommendations if you have any.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote