Music Banter - View Single Post - I don't like Music.
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
HAL9000
Groupie

Default I don't like Music.

Hi Everyone,

My name is (for the purposes of this forum) HAL9000, I'm a new member, but didn't want to have an introductory thread in the other section, I thought I'd just jump straight into the reason I joined.

I, for all intents and purposes do not like Music. It doesn't speak to me, I see little to no value in it (with the exception of it adding something to movies / films) there are truly no bands / groups / artists that I like, that I would consider spending money on going to see or purchasing an album. I thought this would be a good place to discuss it, after finding the forum.

I'd really appreciate a reasonable conversation, rather than any abuse. I'm a reasonable person and I'm here not just because I'd like to discuss this with music fans, but that I thought maybe some of you would like to talk to me.

I'm trying to find if there is some music that I would like, I've found that I very much appreciate the technical skill that goes into playing a music instrument or in construction a piece of music without it sounding disjointed. I don't hate music, it doesn't offend or irritate me, rather it's just nothing, just some sound, if it were removed from the world it wouldn't effect me.

The main reason I'd like to find some music is that I hate silence, I listen to the radio every time I'm in the car, I listen to whatever's in the charts, I know the words to a lot of them, because I hear them over and over again, but I don't think the stuff is good or bad, it's just music.

Recently I've started to listen to classical music, that way I don't end up with a head full of useless lyrics and (as I said before) I can appreciate the technical skill of the performers / composers.

Before anyone asks if I'm an emotion-less robot, that's not the case, I adore painting and architecture (my two favourite art forms) and I got to galleries on the odd occasion, I'm a huge film fan, cinema is one of the biggest joys in my life and I imagine that without music it wouldn't be what it is, so I suppose I'd keep art in the world for that reason.

All the music I have on my iPhone are film themes, purely because they remind me of the films, not because they are good songs / music.

So.... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

HAL
HAL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote