Music Banter - View Single Post - I don't like Music.
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
HAL9000
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
This.

Quite frankly everything about your post reeks of yet another attempt at trolling the community, like a polar opposite of JayShreddz.

You say you don't want to be called a robot but you choose HAL9000 as a username. You assume you'll be the recipient of abuse for being different. You flat out state you do not like music or recognize it's value aside from being an aural additive to an (implied) superior visual art style. Serious question - have you ever gotten your hearing checked?

Having said that, I don't think you're a lost cause, but I think you have a poor attitude towards music and you might not necessarily end up feeling very satisfied with this place. Whatever. You say you've recently started enjoying Classical music as well as film soundtracks (even if it is 'secondary' enjoyment upon the reminiscence of some visual). At that point I'd suggest more Ambient Electronic stuff. In particular these 3 albums to get your started:

Brian Eno - Music for Airports
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2 (Vol. 1 is also good but 2 fits your description better).
Boards of Canada - Geogaddi
OK great thank you. I'll listen to your suggestions and report back.

P.S. I chose HAL9000 purely because it happens to be my name on other forums.
HAL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote