Music Banter - View Single Post - What band got you really into music
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #305 (permalink)
VanLeon
Groupie

Though I can't say I grew up with a family who was into music, I've loved it since I can remember. Since age two I knew I'd be singing my own songs one day for millions. I'm 19 now and can't say it's happened but hey, I'm still young. I remember loving Nirvana since I first heard them when I was ehh, 6? At age 14 when I watched their preformance of "Something In The Way" in NY, Unplugged, I was touched, from the very inside of my soul. I had never had a song make me feel that way ever before..and I still haven't to this day. I've been in the same conditions he sings of in that particular song. I've been there. Not only with just that song, but with his emotional and mental stuggles as well. Beyond you, or anybody can imagine..which is why I wont go into that, but it's a huge reason why I have always loved Kurt so very much. But Nirvana deffinetly allowed me to see the other side of music..beyond just the pleasing notes. They allowed me to see the emotion and passion a song can hold and they did just that with each of theirs.
VanLeon is offline   Reply With Quote