Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #492 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Connoisseur View Post
Now, now, let's not discount Staley's vox here. The melodies he produced with Cantrell were quite good. I have no problem with Vedder; he was truly an innovator who developed his own style. I think people sort of take him for granted because ****ty post-grunge vocalists like Scott Stap (and to some extent Scott Weiland) ripped him off and beat that sort of singing style to death.
When singers rip off other vocalists, its a sure sign of their admiration for them and their abilities (sure some do it for commercial reasons as well) So I think that says volumes about Eddie Vedder. Scott Weiland is not a great example, as he's a great vocalist in his own right, but I do see your point here in that the STP cashed in to a degree on Pearl Jam and were easily the best band to do so.

I'm not actually saying Layne Staley is bad vocalist or anything, but rather the whole hype surrounding AIC is really so far fetched, for what was a plodding sound with a few melodies thrown in.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History