Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beastie Boys
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #131 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
Also, it seemed as if you couldn't name a Beastie Boys record which was superior to it anyway, so why bring it into the conversation in the first place Surell?
Clearly I did. Paul's Boutique is better than Kanye West's whole career, no matter what aspect you look at. Lyrically, it's witty, got some funny, intricate story-telling, (Johnny Ryall, Egg Man, Stop that Train, etc.), and in delivery of said lyrics, A Year and a Day is powerful as hell and Sounds of Science has some Hip Hop Beach Boy level harmony. Rapping prowess? That doesn't even sound like a quality you could assign unless it were purely a title or exactly the same thing as lyricism; so yes, they got it. Production has been touched on.

I would say the same thing for Ill Communications and Hot Sauce Committee, but I'll focus on what would probably be their magnum opus.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote