Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #11615 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post

Just started watching the Lone Wolf and Cub series of films. It's a Japanese series generally from the early 70s based on a manga I believe about a samurai executioner who is framed for a crime and ends up a victim of these clan politics. He leaves his home and starts travelling the road with his 3-year old son in search of vengeance. It also helps that he's the meanest mother****er I've seen in a movie in a long time.

I was surprised at how good the first movie, Sword of Vengeance, was. It easily had enough violence and nudity for an exploitation movie, considering it it was made in 1972, but it's so well crafted and has a lot to offer so it doesn't feel cheap. The main character, the always serious Itto, was particularly well cast and the sword fights were just incredibly well done and had a lot of realism, I thought. There are six films in total I believe. Now I'm looking forward to the second one.
if you're into those kinda movies, the two "Lady Snowblood"s are much better movies

Lone Wolf & Cub didn't manage to capture the "feel" of the manga much

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote