What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #11611 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
I am watching the new Sherlock film tonight. Quite liked the first one, but it dragged towards the end.
I enjoyed the second one, but with other people I found that if you weren't a fan of some of the over the top action parts, you may not like this one, cause they crank that up to the maximum.
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #11612 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Big Ears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hampshire, England
Posts: 434
Default

After watching lots of rubbish films, Chicken Run by Nick Park really made me laugh.
Big Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #11613 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
Guybrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 6,525
Default



Just started watching the Lone Wolf and Cub series of films. It's a Japanese series generally from the early 70s based on a manga I believe about a samurai executioner who is framed for a crime and ends up a victim of these clan politics. He leaves his home and starts travelling the road with his 3-year old son in search of vengeance. It also helps that he's the meanest mother****er I've seen in a movie in a long time.

I was surprised at how good the first movie, Sword of Vengeance, was. It easily had enough violence and nudity for an exploitation movie, considering it it was made in 1972, but it's so well crafted and has a lot to offer so it doesn't feel cheap. The main character, the always serious Itto, was particularly well cast and the sword fights were just incredibly well done and had a lot of realism, I thought. There are six films in total I believe. Now I'm looking forward to the second one.
__________________
Something Completely Different

Last edited by Guybrush; 05-07-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #11614 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
I enjoyed the second one, but with other people I found that if you weren't a fan of some of the over the top action parts, you may not like this one, cause they crank that up to the maximum.
I liked it a lot. Very well shot, good comedic moments and gradually builds to a few great climaxes.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #11615 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post


Just started watching the Lone Wolf and Cub series of films. It's a Japanese series generally from the early 70s based on a manga I believe about a samurai executioner who is framed for a crime and ends up a victim of these clan politics. He leaves his home and starts travelling the road with his 3-year old son in search of vengeance. It also helps that he's the meanest mother****er I've seen in a movie in a long time.

I was surprised at how good the first movie, Sword of Vengeance, was. It easily had enough violence and nudity for an exploitation movie, considering it it was made in 1972, but it's so well crafted and has a lot to offer so it doesn't feel cheap. The main character, the always serious Itto, was particularly well cast and the sword fights were just incredibly well done and had a lot of realism, I thought. There are six films in total I believe. Now I'm looking forward to the second one.
if you're into those kinda movies, the two "Lady Snowblood"s are much better movies

Lone Wolf & Cub didn't manage to capture the "feel" of the manga much
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #11616 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
Guybrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 6,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
if you're into those kinda movies, the two "Lady Snowblood"s are much better movies

Lone Wolf & Cub didn't manage to capture the "feel" of the manga much
I'm not so worried about whether or not they captured the feel of the manga as I've never read it, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out Lady Snowblood
__________________
Something Completely Different
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #11617 (permalink)
Cardboard Box Realtor
 
LoathsomePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobb's End
Posts: 7,648
Default



Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

First time seeing this since I was in middle school and fortunately age hasn't made it bad. I was actually surprised at how well I remembered certain shots, like Leatherface's first kill with the hammer. The closeup shots on the faces and eyes of Sally during the climactic dinner scene were also really good at creating a good scare, as well as the sounds. I forgot how eerie some of the sounds in this movie were.



The Dunwich Horror (1970)

I really wanted to like this one more than I did, but I would be lying if I said I thought it was great, or even pretty good. I'm not sure if it was the B-movie effects or that I just never found Lovecraft's original "Dunwich Horror" story to be that scary in the first place, but there was nothing particularly frightening about this movie, or even really psychological titillating. Definitely not as good as other Lovecraft incarnations like ReAnimator (1985) or Dagon (2001) and only makes me yearn for the Guillermo del Toro adaptation of At the Mountains of Madness even more.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #11618 (permalink)
All For The Music!
 
Conor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Plymouth, England.
Posts: 68
Default

The most recent film I watched was Nicolas Cage, Drive Angry, for a second time.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #11619 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor View Post
The most recent film I watched was Nicolas Cage, Drive Angry, for a second time.
IT WAS TOTALLY BETTER THE SECOND TIME.

Amirite?
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #11620 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Ohhh you meant that the films make you want to kill yourself because they're depressing as shit, alright I can see that. I thought you meant that his films were so unlikable that you wanted kill yourself after watching. Man, Dancing in the Dark is the most soul suckingly depressing movie I've ever seen.

Don't look for Breaking the Waves if you're in the mood for something uplifting .
If you can find them watch Ken Loach's Ladybird, Ladybird and Gary Oldman's debut as director Nil By Mouth. Both those films shake me to the core with their power and honest brutality but there is hope in both films although they are mentally draining (and both based on true stories).
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.