Music Banter - View Single Post - Downloading your music vs buying your music
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #335 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by llllllllllllllllllll View Post
To quote John Darnielle, the man who everyone should listen to, "They want to hear your music so bad that they weren't able to stop themselves from stealing it... Your not the victim of anything. You are the beneficiary of someone's love."
PISS OFF. Some entitled brat's love doesn't pay the bills, it doesn't cover the cost of gas to get to a gig, it doesn't pay the loan for the gear, it doesn't generate revenue for whatever group financed the production of the album. If music was a visual rather than aural would any of you think you had the right to just walk away with a painting because 'you really really liked, no! loved it'? REALLY? Think about that for an honest minute.

Better question... why are only 6 of his songs available for free on his own website but I have the option of purchasing singles through the iStore or discs through distributors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
You can actually take music from Youtube as well.

YouTube to mp3 Converter

So no, there's not much difference.
Right, but you're also technically subverting youtube's service by copying what they're broadcasting. Admittedly no one is really going to say anything about it but it's the same deal as the warnings against making unauthorized copies that were printed on CDs back in the day.

Scroll up a little bit about my What-if music was visual. Copying from youtube is the equivalent of walking through a museum and photocopying paintings.

The issue seems to stem from the fact that just because there's no tangible physical mass to music then it's not 'really' theft. PISS. OFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote