Music Banter - View Single Post - Bass Guitarist
Thread: Bass Guitarist
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Just for clarity. I offered the tune in question up for some other guitarists to hear and here's a couple responses:

But the "Guitar as Bass" wasn't in question, so... I really don't know what that hell I'm trying to say. I'll just stop now before I dig myself any deeper.
I got positive responses to a lot of stuff years ago I'd be ashamed to show people today. People tend to be nice for the sake of it. It takes someone informed to make a constructive criticism.

I'm not going to change my mind. I listened, I analysed, and I posted why I think that mix is bad, and I also posted a number of things you could do to fix it, first among which is to high pass the guitars and get a proper bass sound, just like the vast majority of rock production you will ever hear. They're not doing it because they can do without it, they're doing it because its better. A *lot* better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote