Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #4723 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Please explain the appeal of it. Is it because it's easy to pick up and learn?
to be honest it's kind of the opposite. I love TF2 because when you look past the cartoony exterior there's actually a lot of subtleties that people who don't play it can't really pick up at first. There's plenty of people who started cause of the "Meet The Team" videos (including me), but after a while there's alot more to it than just killing people all the time.

for one thing teamwork is valued more than K/D ratio. someone could have the most kills on both sides and still lose the game for the team if they don't play the objective. that and there's the whole rock-paper-scissors format with different classes countering each other as well as subtleties in each class, like

-the ability to charge your shots as a Sniper by staying scoped in, making them more powerful
-the fact that Scouts capture points twice as fast as anyone else and are the fastest class in the game
-how Medics are able to charge up their uber faster by healing damaged players (in tournaments sometimes players will purposely hurt themselves so the Medic builds uber faster)
-the whole idea of rocket/stickybomb jumping in terms of map strategy
-the Heavy's minigun bullets have drop off and is less damaging with more distance
-the Pyro's airblast being able to shoot back projectiles like rockets
-that you actually lose less cloak as a Spy when you're crouching while walking

that's stuff they don't really teach in the beginning or you don't pick until after a while of playing. not to mention when you get different items and they have completely different advantages and disadvantages.

tl;dr- I like TF2 cause it's an FPS for people who value teamwork over who can shoot a gun better, plus the large amount of variety with 9 classes.

sorry for the long-winded answer. as you may have noticed I'm REALLY into this game.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote