Music Banter - View Single Post - Free spell check! (Plus grammar check, punctuation check...)
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam You Have AIDS View Post
I use firefox, so there's a spell-check included in my browser. It's awesome. You should look into add-ons.

If I'm being honest, we're a pretty well read community. I don't have a problem communicating with anyone here and I see grammatical errors like they were clues in the Da Vinci Code.
You don't even need spell check add-ons in Firefox. I don't have one and words that are underlined in red are the ones that FF thinks are not spelt correctly. The only add-on I have for Firefox is Ad-Block Plus, which I don't think is available in Chrome, IE, or Safari.

Alternatively, if you're typing a lengthy post and you don't have the option of spell check in your browser, I suggest typing it out in Word or whatever text formatting program you like to use and seeing the proper spellings it suggests. Those programs don't check for proper grammar all of the time though, so that's where Trollheart would come in if he wants to proofread your post. Send it to him however, and then when it's ready, just copy and paste it into the post reply box. Voila!
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote