Music Banter - View Single Post - RiFF RaFF
Thread: RiFF RaFF
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
To say he killed him is giving him too much credit, all he did was rap faster. That definitely wasn't the best AB verse, but everything else by him is leagues better than anything I've heard from Riff Raff. This dude is soooooo corny man, the MTV and BET tattoos should be a dead give away.
he didn't "just rap faster".. his alliteration smacked the piss out of Bronson, the texture of that delivery was ill. and his lyrics were cooler.. plus, the way he went out was more stylish than Bronson's ever been in his life. "cause a storm in sunny weather, in sunny weather, in sunny weather... hopin' that my days get hopin' hopin' days get days get better" was delivered with perfection

Bronson always raps the same and his character gets old as hell.. sounds like Ghostface with a less relentless flow and he raps about exotic women and food.. and most of the production he gets on blows

and jfc @ "dude has MTV and BET tattoos, obviously his music sucks." a white dude with BET tattoos? only Riff Raff can pull that off.. "they say riff raff just actin' black, he wildin' on 'em... oh i get it, you just mad cause i'm stylin' on em..."

Riff Raff knows what he's doing.. you guys are too caught up in how he looks.

Riff Raff >>> snobby intellectual rap.. he's actually entertaining as hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I can see negative aspects of both in his fake persona sure.
you're looking at it the wrong way

Quote:
So arbitrary. Hip Hop fans are more accepting now than ever, I'm fairly certain hip hop fans wouldn't let someone like Riff Raff have a career two decades ago.
there's a certain truth to that, but not totally, i'm talking about the "die-hard" hip hop heads.. the people who post comments on underground hip hop youtube videos saying "this is real hip hop not like Lil Wayne" and "why doesn't this have more views?! smh"

people forget how nerdy and silly classic hip hop could be.. and how rap started off as fun party music for entertainment..

Quote:
This whole "it's okay to make incredibly stupid rap as long as you are self-aware and joking" thing needs to end with lil b. Riff Raff is not a good rapper, he's a dude who's thirsty for an entertainment career, his rap is above awful because he has spent so much time practicing. It's the equivalent of that retarded bench player on that basketball team who came in and shot a bunch of three's at the end of one game. Yeah he can shoot the three some times but he's still retarded.
Riff Raff's not nearly as stupid as you think.. dude often says some seriously creative, outlandish shit. you people act like absurdity isn't interesting or amusing.. or, it can be if it either 1. already has respect or 2. comes off as "intellectual"

yeah, Riff Raff isn't trying to paint a goddamn world like Aesop Rock.. but his music is a lot more fun than Aesop Rock's, and there's a time and place for everything.

as far as Riff Raff being bad at rapping? yeah right.. he's mad versatile in his flows, he's got styles for days, and his cadence is always on point. plus, he actually has real presence

you don't know how long he's been practicing or whatever.. and saying "yeah he practiced for a long time he sucks" is just silly

also, what the hell does a retarded athlete have to do with music.. that's such a flawed analogy it's not even funny. you're saying that if a retard makes good music, it doesn't matter because at the end of the day he's still a retard? it's about the end product.. you're sounding like those people who are like "i don't care how good your beats are, if you make them using software and not an MPC, that's whack"

Last edited by Jester; 05-13-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote