Music Banter - View Single Post - RiFF RaFF
Thread: RiFF RaFF
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
he didn't "just rap faster".. his alliteration smacked the piss out of Bronson, the texture of that delivery was ill. and his lyrics were cooler.. plus, the way he went out was more stylish than Bronson's ever been in his life. "cause a storm in sunny weather, in sunny weather, in sunny weather... hopin' that my days get hopin' hopin' days get days get better" was delivered with perfection
Would you be willing to provide 5 more examples of Riff Raff's perfected delivery? I'm just curious.
Quote:
Bronson always raps the same and his character gets old as hell.. sounds like Ghostface with a less relentless flow and he raps about exotic women and food.. and most of the production he gets on blows
Bronson gets fairly introspective. The fact that he can be compared to ghost face, even in the sense of imitating, makes him remarkably better than riff raff.

Quote:
Riff Raff knows what he's doing.. you guys are too caught up in how he looks.
I don't doubt it, notice how I used the words "self aware" to describe his style earlier. I just still believe it's super awful.
Quote:
Riff Raff >>> snobby intellectual rap.. he's actually entertaining as hell
Nobody is comparing him to snobby intellectual rap, he is still awful even compared to other awful rap.

Quote:
there's a certain truth to that, but not totally, i'm talking about the "die-hard" hip hop heads.. the people who post comments on underground hip hop youtube videos saying "this is real hip hop not like Lil Wayne" and "why doesn't this have more views?! smh"

people forget how nerdy and silly classic hip hop could be.. and how rap started off as fun party music for entertainment..
Digital Underground was silly but still way better musically than this bro.

Quote:
Riff Raff's not nearly as stupid as you think.. dude often says some seriously creative, outlandish shit. you people act like absurdity isn't interesting or amusing.. or, it can be if it either 1. already has respect or 2. comes off as "intellectual"
Nobody is saying this. I like lil b, odd future, spaceghostpurrp.

Quote:
yeah, Riff Raff isn't trying to paint a goddamn world like Aesop Rock.. but his music is a lot more fun than Aesop Rock's, and there's a time and place for everything.
Why do you keep making these comparisons? Riff Raff is bad compared to his contemporaries (lil debbie, lil b the bay area scene in general)
Quote:
as far as Riff Raff being bad at rapping? yeah right.. he's mad versatile in his flows, he's got styles for days, and his cadence is always on point. plus, he actually has real presence
This is why i'm hoping you'll give some more examples of his always-on-point cadence.
Quote:
also, what the hell does a retarded athlete have to do with music.. that's such a flawed analogy it's not even funny. you're saying that if a retard makes good music, it doesn't matter because at the end of the day he's still a retard? it's about the end product.. you're sounding like those people who are like "i don't care how good your beats are, if you make them using software and not an MPC, that's whack"
I guess monkeys with typewriters would have been a better analogy. I'm saying just because he has an occasional DECENT verse doesn't mean he's actually good. I mean if you just keep rapping without reason all day your going to occasionally get lucky. Just how the kid practiced his 3 ball to perfection doesn't mean he can actually play basketball.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote