Music Banter - View Single Post - RiFF RaFF
Thread: RiFF RaFF
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

listen to Larry Bird and tell me that he's not riding the beat.. listen to Jose Canseco and tell me that he's not riding the beat.. go listen to Bird on a Wire and say there's no rhythm in that flow.. you're tripping

and his rhymes sound like "a dyslexic person reading nonsensical rap lyrics in his head"? i don't even know what to say to that.. you obviously listened to like 3 tracks only one time, didn't like his image, maybe his voice, maybe thought "wow this is one of those 'swag' rappers, obviously this is dumb."

if you listened to him more you'd see the consistencies in his subject matter.. dude has character and it's interesting to enter the bizarre mind of Riff Raff. like i said, he's somewhere between Kool Keith's absurdity and Lil B's silly swag, and it's a dope blend. and if you actually listened to it without thinking "god this guy looks and acts annoying in my opinion" you'd hear that he has some serious rhythm and expresses it in a lot of different ways..

if you can't see the fun in Riff Raff, you guys are just taking it way too seriously, on some "hey! this isn't providing me with profound insights! this isn't thought provoking rap about life!"

like i said, there's a time and place for everything.. there's a time to eat your wheaties but it's okay to have a slice of pizza and a soda once in a while.

variety is the spice of life, fellow knuckleheads
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote