Music Banter - View Single Post - The Lyrical Saga Of SljSlj
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #253 (permalink)
Sljslj
The Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Writing View Post
Oh man, that first stanza hits me pretty deep lol. And I've definitely used "it's all the same" as an ending lyric and also sort of as a personal philosophy.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. That's all the matters at the end of the day: that others have just as much as fun reading my work as I do writing it.

And I'm also glad that you connected to parts of it on a personal level.

Quote:
Overall, it's a pretty great poem, I looked at some of your others and enjoy how visceral they are. The only critique or feedback I might have is that your poems seem to express one or a few emotions of the same spectrum, i.e. anger, sadness, regret, etc. If you put in an attempt at happiness or yearning for something positive, it makes the negatives even more powerful by contrast.
Those are the emotions I express because that's where I'm at in my life. The only times I'm inspired these days are times when my "negative emotions" are at their peak. But even so, I can see positivity in most of my writing. At the end of the previous poem, for example, I find happiness (or at very least contendedness), even if it's not a conventional idea of happiness. Or if you look at the one titled "Door", it ends with the hope of me leaving this place faux happiness for a place where I can truly be so. So... positivity? I think it's there, but I don't blame you if you don't see it. I have a completely different perspective on most (maybe all) of these than others do, so naturally I may see things that others don't.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to check out some of my work.