Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #1084 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Oh boy, here we go....

The Beatles. I know, I know, you're all jumping up screaming "What!? Are you serious!!?"

Well, yes. Yes I am.

I have, in the past, given them more than a fair chance, having listened to both the standard played-on-the-radio tracks and what some Beatles fans term 'the classic Beatles songs.' To me, they were just four guys in the right place at the right time when music needed something different, whatever that difference may have been. I cannot fathom why they are heralded as 'the best ever', their music has no impact on me at all. I find it dull, monotonous, throwaway ten-a-penny pop.
I don't say this to be deliberately controversial, this is my viewpoint on a band I consider vastly, vastly overrated.

I know that I'm not the only one and have been castigated on other forums for daring to say this. I hope more people on here can accept my viewpoint.

Fire at will!!!
It's alright not to like The Beatles, and many people on this forum feel the same way that you do. Not myself, I'm quite a fan, actually, but it's not as risky here to say that as you think.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote