Music Banter - View Single Post - Calling America ---- help needed
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Calling America ---- help needed

I'm planning to start running a new section soon in my journal, which would feature bands from each state in the USA, going state by state, either alphabetically or geographically, haven't decided which, and hopefully showcasing the best each state has.

To this end, as I'm an Irishman and have never been to the US, I'd appreciate input from anyone --- preferably American, but if you have sufficient information that's not vital --- to advise what bands are in each state. I'd be looking both at well-known established bands and younger, even unsigned ones, the only criterion being that there must be at least one YouTube of them available, so I can feature them.

A brief bio, discography or any other information on the band would be helpful too. Doesn't matter what style, though my own preference is for rock/metal. I'd just like to get an overview of how the music scene is at the moment in the good old USA. Oh yeah, one other criterion: they must be still active.

So, any help? If you want to contribute, you can be mentioned as a/the source for that state in the journal entry when it's published.

Thanks for any assistance.
Trollheart