Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #19075 (permalink)
Flyingpig437
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneer View Post
Apparently there's a route that actually goes up to the Highlands? I watched this documentary about 'Britain's Secret Treasures' and there's a station called Corrour, which is the most remote one in the UK. The nearest road is 10 miles away - THAT'S what I want! You can go up further if you like too, in fact hardly anyone gets off at Corrour... I can kind of see why, it'd be a little daunting after that train crawls off into the distance.

I used to go trainspotting on that line in the 80's and remember that a schoolgirl used to get on the train every morning at Corrour and some of the other trainspotters used to be call her the Corrour slag. Don't know whether that was the case or not though.
A/w here's a few pics of me and my trainspotter friends on the scottish highlands.

Wick or Thurso

A stn inbetween Inverness and Wick probably Brora 'cause that's where they used to pass

Kyle of Localsh

I think that's Glasgow Queen st.

Oh! And look who it is! It's Paul and a slight uncomfortable loooking Jason. We didn't know Paul was gay at that time but looking at that pic now...boy were we naive!

Last edited by Flyingpig437; 05-22-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Flyingpig437 is offline   Reply With Quote