Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Albums from Each Year: 1965-2000
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #130 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
all u old geezers still talkin about da 60's LOL :P get with the times man
We are with the times, but history is always relevant to understand the present, I guess you never took your history lessons seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cledussnow View Post
I love Zeppelin. I'll repeat that the bands technical mastery is unparalleled. Page was in a favorable position and always had super gear. I would argue the most ground breaking thing about Zeppelin's first two albums is the sound quality. I mean other bands were covering blues records, but no one did it as great and as awesome as LZ.

I guess I would ask what YOU think is "revolutionary" about any thing on either album. Yes they were the best band and had the best sound hands down, but what was something you consider revolutionary about them?
I think you're confusing revolutionary with originality here, some of the most revolutionary bands in the history of rock such as the Who, Sex Pistols and Nirvana weren't overly original but they were revolutionary. Led Zep were revolutionary because they fused blues and hard rock better than anybody else had done in 1969 and went off like a bomb. Bands like Free and Jeff Beck had done this type of thing about a year earlier and before that bands like Blue Cheer had played blues louder than anybody else and Cream had laid down the criteria, but it was Led Zep that revolutionized the whole thing. The 1970s was the era of hard rock and that is mostly down to the influence of Led Zep at the start of the decade. As Rez had also said, nearly every heavy act since was influenced by Led Zep. They along with Black Sabbath made both hard rock and heavy metal what it is today. Do you still think there is nothing revolutionary about Led Zep? If you doubt anything I've said, a bit of research will bring you to the same conclusion.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote