Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #1107 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKrizic View Post
Art Brut - Great indie rock band from England. Eddie Argos is probably one of the most underrated performers I've ever known of. I've seen a few videos of the band on Youtube, he actually puts on a great show and really interacts with his audience. I don't know if they perform in Canada or what not, but I would really love to see these guys live. I doubt it would happen in the near future though.
You don't have to wait for them to tour to see them you can form a band I think they franchized their group where anyone can an Art Brut band. (The best tribute band I saw btw was from Canada - "The Musical Box.") The one odd thing I noticed about Art Brut is that Freddy Feedback is only seen for no more than three seconds in any video I've ever seen, that's official videos and recorded studio performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKrizic View Post
Overrated:

Coldplay - I just do not understand what the appeal for this band is. Radiohead do the same thing they do but 10x better. I just find it funny how the former is popular with the mainstream.

U2 - Same reason I dislike Coldplay. Very boring (sometimes to the point of treading muzak territory), and there are bands that do what they do a lot better.
"They only sell records that have charted, and Art Brut, they only just started."

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote