Music Banter - View Single Post - Hai u kids
Thread: Hai u kids
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brian Krashpad
Groupie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam You Have AIDS View Post
Welcome to the site. Regarding the signature, new members aren't permitted to advertise, because we as a community do not desire people coming here to drop off a link and split. We want people to be a part of our community.

We deal with a lot of spam in a day, and from time to time an honest member gets a slap on the wrist; it could be that it wasn't clear whose work you were promoting, or whether or not you were here for that intent alone. If you stick around and make an effort to settle down, there won't be a problem with sharing again.

In the meantime, tell us about your favourite artists?

EDIT: Post counts don't freeze, it's just that posts only qualify towards them in certain forums.
Ah, not sure where I should post to have more than 3, but I reckon I'll get there eventually anyhow, if only by dumb luck.

I listen to a pretty broad range of music. Rock especially. I'm old enough to remember big 60's bands like the Beatles and the Stones, both of whom I liked (but probably the Stones moreso), to say nothing of the Who. And beginning more in the '50's Chuck Berry, and the rockabilly cats like Carl Perkins, Elvis, Gene Vincent, Wanda Jackson, etc. And early rock people like Little Richard, and of course Bo Diddley, for whom I had the honor of playing bass once, a few years before he passed. Back to the '60's, I also liked the American garage bands like Troggs, Raiders, Kingsmen, and surf/instrumental music like Link Wray the Ventures, and Dick Dale (whom I just saw play live a few weeks ago). And a huge fan of CCR.

In the 70's, there were all kinds of bands I liked, especially things that were guitar-centric, but conversely NOT the dreaded disco. So, early proto punk/glam like NY Dolls, Dictators, MC5, Iggy Pop/Stooges, Bowie and especially the NY/London punk axis that came after: Ramones, Heartbreakers, Blondie, Talking Heads, Pistols, Clash, Buzzcocks, 999, Damned, etc.

But I also liked non-punk 70's guitar rock, hometown boy Tom Petty, roots/country people like the Byrds, and all kinds of power pop/new wave, from Cheap Trick (whom I've had the pleasure of hanging out with one time when I interviewed Bun E., my band's drummer is his former drum tech) and the Cars to people no one's ever heard of like Moon Martin (who wrote "Bad Case of Lovin' You"), or the Jags or the Records.

Jeez, I still got the 80's 90's and 00's to go.

That's enough for now.