Music Banter - View Single Post - Great Debate: Are eSports sports?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #208 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam You Have AIDS View Post
Does a separate class of sport exist for these recreational-games-turned-competitive-sports? I think it would be a decent compromise to allow everything under the "sport" blanket (given the definition of the word), but acknowledge the difference between the categories we're arguing about.
This is pretty much what my position has been since the beginning. I even mentioned subcategories some pages back with exactly this intent. I don't even view it as a compromise.

I view the fact it is being CONSIDERED a compromise, more as proof that people have been, intentionally or unintentionally, assuming incorrect things about my stance, such as the repeated statements and appeals to ridicule based around some sort of bizarre assumption that I want gym teachers and fitness instructors to start bringing in eSports curriculum. I have never argued this, and I challenge anyone here to point out where I have ever implied that eSports is a replacement for exercise, or where I have ever argued it should be taught as a physical education. I eagerly await the lack of a response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!