Music Banter - View Single Post - It had to happen... Prog Wars!
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #66 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

No worries, Frownland. I'm not seriously offended. Well, not much anyways. In the Land of Grey and Pink is one of my favourite albums from the Canterbury scene, but while it's way up there, it's not quite at the top of the list.

Something interesting about In the Land of Grey and Pink is that it's pretty much the Sinclairs' (Richard and cousin Dave) album whereas the earlier and most of the later material was written by Pye Hastings. In the Land of Grey and Pink is generally considered the band's finest hour and it's never been out of print since it was first released. I've sometimes wondered if that was a source of tension in the band, that the Sinclairs pretty much wrote the band's most successful album. They both left the band not long after.

Khan is good and and is interesting for including both Dave Stewart and Steve Hillage who played in Uriel (aka Arzachel) together, but I personally think I prefer Steve Hillage's first solo album (Fish Rising) more which includes songs that were intended for Khan's second album.