Music Banter - View Single Post - It had to happen... Prog Wars!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #93 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Wow! I'm amazed you think "Crime of the century" is boring! You don't find anything stunning in tracks like "Asylum", "School" or even the title track? Not even the quietly brilliant "If everyone was listening"? This is one of their classic albums, and if you didn't like it Howard then I think you may not be a Supertramp fan. Paradoxically, the weakest track for me on that album IS "Bloody well right" (great piano intro though); I much prefer Hodgson's voice.

Oh well, your opinion is yours, but I totally disagree. I find the Moodys in general flat and boring, and any of their albums I've listened to usually fail to impress me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
so ok

Supertramp - well, the instrumentation is good and everything falls into place, but is it long and drawn-out or what? only "Bloody Well Right" perks my ears, as it sounds like it comes from Pink Floyd's Animals. The rest of the album was extremely tedious and i kept wondering when it'd end

Moody Blues - this is more a "Baroque Pop" album than a proper "Prog" album. As it stands, it's pleasant and rather catchy and reminds me of the Zombies' Odessey and Oracle. I quite like this one.

so:-

Supertramp - 2
Moody Blues - 2