Music Banter - View Single Post - Marillion (and maybe Fish) --- your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Marillion were the first band I ever saw live, and I thought they were awful.

I saw them sometime around early 1988 so I'm guessing it would have been one of Fish's last gigs with the band, I actually met him in the mens toilets a couple of hours before the gig and he seemed like a nice enough guy. Because my mother worked at the venue I was able to get hold of a really cheap discounted ticket for both myself and my friend Phil , who was a massive fan of theirs.

Actually the thing I remember the most about the gig was the support act who were a local band called 'Unique' who comprised of a big fat bald bastard in white face paint covering his whole head and great big black circles around his eyes like some cheap Leigh Bowrey knock off on lead vocals and 2 rejects from Sigue Sigue Sputnik backing him up on synths.
I seem to remember them having a song called 'Inch Man' which was probably about a penis or something.

Marillion came on, everybody waited to hear their 3 singles and then fucked off.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote