Music Banter - View Single Post - How about (neo) classic rock today!
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jarvig
Groupie

Anathema too. Very good since Alternative 4.

I know many modern "classic" prog bands. Bands like:
Riverside, Astra, The Future Kings of England, No-man, Kingston Wall, Oceansize, Ozric Tentacles, Comets of Fire, Amplifier, Oresund Space Collectives, NoSound, Airbag, Black Noodle Project, Pendragon, Abel Ganz, RPWL, Marillion, Phideaux, Steven Wilson, Dredg, The Mars Volta, Antimatter, Karnivool, Demians, Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Ayeron and Echolyn. (+ all the older ones).

But to my surprise I came across a fantastic album yesterday.
The band is Crippled Black Phoenix. They have been playing much in the genre of what Im looking for...that is very classic sounding but still quite modern. Mostly a mix of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.
But their latest album - (Mankind) The Crafty Ape (2012) - I just heard yesterday is just perfect. A little blend of modern rock and alt rock....and the loads and loads of classic Pink Floyd sounds and even more loads of Gilmour guitar. With a little twist of King Crimson too.
Well that doesn't get much better.
Here is two crazy good songs from the album. The first a intrumental stoner tune. The second an epic with so mucj Pink Floyd mood to it that i die of joy.

For my "concept" maybe just a little bit to "classic" performed. But the quality of it is just stunning.

Jarvig is offline   Reply With Quote