Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #1241 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
?

Weber
Chara
Keith
Karlsson
Doughty
Yandle

Are all better than Suter, who has not only benefitted from arguably the best defenseman in the league now that Lidstrom retired (Weber) but from the overall defensive style that Nashville plays. I see the move to get both of them as a PR coup, but in terms of on-ice production MIN still has a ways to go. Their best players before these signings were two-way savant Mikko Koivu, the ghost of Dany Heatley, and the streaky-at-best Setoguchi. They were planning on having 4 rookies on the roster a week ago, so I think they're going to need to upgrade their overall offensive depth before anyone starts talking about a deep run for Minnesota.
I wouldn't call it a complete PR COUP, Its just the two best players available on both sides of the ice. I agree with Yorke, Parise is overrated in a sense, but he does bring them something besides his offensive skill [LEADERSHIP]

Suter did benefit from The Nashville system and playing alongside Shea, but he is one hell of a defenseman and Minny was thin besides a few youngsters they drafted. I think hoping for more then the playoffs is a stretch, but Minnesota is certainly gonna be fun to watch next year if anything.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote