Music Banter - View Single Post - Best bands that were big in the 90's
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #65 (permalink)
draven
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
And Nevermind and In Utero are not great?, are you kidding me?, Nevermind was one of the best selling albums of the 90s, and its impact and influence is still present today, can't say the same for UYI I and II, those albums are great, just not as great as Nevermind and In Utero, if this was the 80s we are talking about, then i would agree with you, GnR were greater than Nirvana during that era, AFD was miles better than Bleach, but in the 90s it was Nirvana, so what if Nirvana broke up in 94?, GnR might as well have, they haven't made a good studio album since the UYI albums, Spegetti Incident was mediocre at best and everything they have done since sucked ass, their live shows with buckethead were horrible, and we are still waiting for Chinese Democracy to come out, which will probably be in the year 3000 when Chinese Democracy has long since become a reality, and without any of the original GnR members involved except Axl, i seriously doubt it will live up to the hype.
I have already proven that gnr were bigger than nirvana in the 90s. Gnr sold more albums and they sold out bigger shows, it’s that simple. The only thing that nevermind and inutero did was show kids that could not sing nor play guitar could have a hit album. Nirvana set back music to this day.

As for TSI that album was just a fun album the band did to cover songs that influenced them. As for their live shows with BH were awful that is just your opinion and most people would disagree. Since most of the shows got great reviews and the people that went to them most liked the show save the people that cannot deal with slash quitting the band. Most reviews even the loder review said if you closed your eyes you wouldnt even know it was a different version of guns n roses playing up there.

The new gnr songs like IRS and madagascar are by far better than anything on the radio right now.