Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #654 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
What is your opinion concerning the Stone Temple Pilots during the 90s?
Well as you know I love STP and have all their discography (even the poor stuff) They were grunge or just lumped in with grunge? It's awkward one to answer. There were some obvious musical similiarities and they weren't scruffs like some of their grungy counterparts and seemed to have embraced the mainstream better than some of their contemporaries, by the time their debut came out grunge was at its zenith as a mainstream genre.

As you probably know, when it comes for me liking a band it makes no real difference whether a band sounds commerical or not, I don't have any preference and its just down to whether I like the sound of the band or not. I've often stated that Scott Weiland was one of the finest vocalists of his generation.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History