Music Banter - View Single Post - Best bands that were big in the 90's
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:41 AM   #68 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven
I have already proven that gnr were bigger than nirvana in the 90s. Gnr sold more albums and they sold out bigger shows, it’s that simple. The only thing that nevermind and inutero did was show kids that could not sing nor play guitar could have a hit album. Nirvana set back music to this day.
As for TSI that album was just a fun album the band did to cover songs that influenced them. As for their live shows with BH were awful that is just your opinion and most people would disagree. Since most of the shows got great reviews and the people that went to them most liked the show save the people that cannot deal with slash quitting the band. Most reviews even the loder review said if you closed your eyes you wouldnt even know it was a different version of guns n roses playing up there.

The new gnr songs like IRS and madagascar are by far better than anything on the radio right now.
Thats the most ignorant thing i have ever heard, Nirvana were decent at their instruments, they never set out to be the next Mahavishnu Orchestra or anything like that, they just wanted to make good music that didnt have to be complex or very technical...Nirvana are much more influencial than GnR, more bands have imitated them and more bands have been inspired by them, Nirvana made Alternative Rock more popular and acceptible than it ever was when hair metal was still around, which is why Nirvana are so important, and why they are greater than GnR.

And saying all modern music sucks is a great sign of ignorance.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.