Music Banter - View Single Post - Good Songs by Non-famous Bands
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

The Thrill Collective - "Ink"

I heard this song for the first time today and enjoy its fast-paced energy, glittery guitar solos, competent playing, and the lead vocalist's strong, clear singing voice. The tune is catchy and has stuck in my mind, making it my favorite of their songs.

I'm impressed with the band members' skill level, especially considering their youth. As they mature, I suspect their songs will include more unique elements so that they further develop their own sound. They have a good, solid beginning and the knowledge base to do whatever they want with their music, and so I'm curious to see where their creativity leads them. Currently, their music and especially the lead singer's voice remind me somewhat of music by The Outfield, a band I like very much.

Listening to this song made me happy, not only because of its upbeat sound, but also because I like to see young musicians who are inspired to make music together. Creating music with others is a wonderful endeavor, and I'm glad they are having that experience.

Ink - YouTube
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 08-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote